Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Back to Penang

Penang is my father's hometown, which also a state that I respect for. Penang was being called as the food paradise city - Gun n Roses. The main purpose of going back was to celebrate my grandmother 79th birthday. So with no doubt we start our engine at the time of 7am with the date 29/9/07.

We always stop by in IPOH for breakfast then only we proceed to Penang. So of course, we meet up with my auntie and kids for breakfast. We had IPOH dry curry mee. After this, my mom came across with a boutique in such a coincidence where my mom said wanted to be there but my dad refuse because of he is not sure how to reach there. So just after the breakfast, we walked out the shop and here we are, that boutique just right opposite of the shop, so my dad is speechless by waiting my mom to finish her shopping.

Ipoh Dry Curry mee
Jun PinJun Ren

Around 11am, we start moving again towards Penang. The trip was fantastic with the weather outside, it was cloudy. So is a good day to drive. I guess. When we reach Penang, here comes the rain. pouring all over the ground. Luckily it was not a long one. So we decided to get the ferry to transport us to the island of Penang. It was cold and windy because of the after rain weather.

Parent and Auntie Robert
Best Describe the weather

After we reached the jetty of the island. We drove to Fort Cornwallis for some photography works and visit while we wait for my uncle to meet us up there for foods in New World City. It was a newly built structure. Which had a lot of stalls from outside the street last time and shifted in there. So it was once a good food from them last time, but due to the rental fees or something which causes them failed in remaining the same flavour.

After that, we proceeded to our hotel and got checked-in. So relax a while with the view of city, Georgetown. And do some cleaning for our body and get ready for dinner to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. It was a normal, typical Chinese restaurant. But the truth is, they provide excellent taste of food and creative way of cooking - they deep fried the fish bone and fried the fish with sauce. It's a two way cooking with one fish. So I called it a creative way of cooking. You might have eaten this before, but is new to me.

My Grandmother

Later, we wanted to get a walk along Gurney Drive, but it was packed with peoples and cars there. With full of performances over there, but we could not find any parking, so get back to hotel and sleep well.

Next day, it will be eating day as well. Beside that, we visited couple of relative. And of cause my cousin which is so cute enough not to let me go.

Kelvin Quah

On Monday, it was the leaving day. So had breakfast and back. Along the way, we drop by IPOH again for foods. We had their famous Ipoh Sah Hor Fan and lots more.

Since this trip, I have a bigger stomach now. Too bad.
This blog prove that I love kiddo...Haha

2 comments:

ST.chen said...

eh the ipoh dry curry noodle looks damn delicious ok. wtf when's our roadtrip!? definitely must go eat that one.

and why all ur cousins so cute!!!

Ivan Hooi said...

haha, of coz... depends when do you want it to be only... haha